Thursday, January 19, 2012

Would I be able to pull a 20 foot pontoon boat with my 02 grand caravan?

I want to purchase a boat, But i'm not sure if the van can handle it.Would I be able to pull a 20 foot pontoon boat with my 02 grand caravan?
Depends on how your Caravan is equipped. If you have the 4 liter engine and 6-speed automatic transmission with the factory towing package, your Grand Caravan is rated to tow up to 3800 lbs. That's the total combined weight of the boat, trailer and everything in it.



If you have a smaller engine or no factory tow package, the car can only tow 1000 lbs. You could possibly get away with towing a bit more weight on short trips but it will not be as safe as using a stronger vehicle.



Front-wheel drive vehicles are notorious for having problems pulling a boat/trailer out of the water at the boat launching site too.

No comments:

Post a Comment