Thursday, January 19, 2012

I have a pontoon boat with a 50 hp johnson motor and when I try to accelerate the motor misses?

When it turns over and I try to accelerate the motor misses and revs up and slows down at high speeds it sounds like it is has water in fuel?I have a pontoon boat with a 50 hp johnson motor and when I try to accelerate the motor misses?
Check to coil leads as the rust and lose connection.Make sure the Ground are CLEAN.I have a pontoon boat with a 50 hp johnson motor and when I try to accelerate the motor misses?
what year motor?



First, seafoam is good stuff, I add it to my fuel tank, but it will not dry fuel. there is no additive that can make good fuel out of bad fuel. Fuel drying products are mostly methanol, which is like ethanol only worse. They're ok for cars, but don't burn it in your outboard. I'm surprised that a NAPA parts guy would recommend it, they usually know better than that.



Check the fuel, if it has water in it, the fix is simple: siphon out the tank and refill with fresh 87 octane gasoline. Don't forget the oil if that's a premix motor.



If the fuel is ok, post another question for the next troubleshooting steps. Cracks in a coil don't mean it's not working -- there's a test for that, but let's save it for later, I'm tired of typing. :)I have a pontoon boat with a 50 hp johnson motor and when I try to accelerate the motor misses?
Check your spark plug wires resistance, spark plugs for fouling, and if that fails add Seafoam fuel additive to your fuel to dry it out.
You may be onto the right answer already. Also, check for a cracked Distributor / coil.
  • international trucks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment