Thursday, January 19, 2012

How can I build my own pontoon boat? I was thinking I could use 50 gal. drums, but where do I get them?

You should be able to find some at your local feed mill or at some type of salvage yard. You can also try calling different factories in your area and see if they have any. most of your tool and die shops should have some. Just be sure that when you weld them together that nothing flamable has been stored in them.How can I build my own pontoon boat? I was thinking I could use 50 gal. drums, but where do I get them?
Junior is on the right track,but even sone kind of soaps can ignite!Also if you plan on using bottom paint on them,you'll have to prime them. Good Luck!How can I build my own pontoon boat? I was thinking I could use 50 gal. drums, but where do I get them?
This question scares the he!! out of me as did the answers given.



Before you start building a boat check with the USCG to see what regulations must be met if there are any. Might want to check your state regulations as well.



And please...do a great deal of research on how to build her! Can't think of anything worse than taking her out, hit a wake, have a weld break between drums and have her go down with you, friends or family or both onboard. You're definitely going to want to have plenty of safety gear on board!!!



Consider this as a much safer alternative:



http://www.u-fabboats.com/How can I build my own pontoon boat? I was thinking I could use 50 gal. drums, but where do I get them?
I was meandering on EBay last wee and ran across 2 sets of pontoons for sale you may try their for an exelant beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment