Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the minimum horsepower motor required for water skiing/tubing behind a pontoon boat?

my fam. use to have a poontoon with 45 hp, and it pulled ski-ers fine, but it did not pull tubing as well. if you want to have a fun ride (for example, going outside of the wake tubing) you are probably going to need a 95+ hp engine on the boat. before my family got a speed-boat, our pontoon stalled and wouldnt start because 45 hp wasnt enough to pull a tuber. hope this helps.What is the minimum horsepower motor required for water skiing/tubing behind a pontoon boat?
I would say at least a 100 hp...What is the minimum horsepower motor required for water skiing/tubing behind a pontoon boat?
how big of a boat? how heavy is the boat? boat loaded with your crew ? lots of variables involved. you don't need a v6 (good wakeboard boats have 8 cylinders)....I've only seen outboard pontoons boats. deck boats are like a pontoon but have the I/O or v drive configurations. Between 125-175HP seems to be the norm I see out on the lake. though I saw a triple decker 36' pontoon the other day screaming accross the water because it had twin 250HP pushing it.....thats power.What is the minimum horsepower motor required for water skiing/tubing behind a pontoon boat?
I would definately have a big V6 anything smaller you couldn't get someone up or go fast enough with people in the boat. if you have any more questions you can reply back.

No comments:

Post a Comment