Sunday, January 8, 2012

Has anyone tried leaving their pontoon boat in the water all winter in a northern state?

I'm wondering if the ice would damage my pontoons if I left my boat in the water of an 300 acre inland lake in Michigan. I suppose it would depend somewhat on how deep in the water the pontoons are. Just curious.|||I would have to agree with the others on this...it's just not worth finding out what would happen.|||Not a good idea. I wouldn't leave the motor on it either.|||ICE ? Are you kidding me ? do you know how much "Hydraulic Pressure" ice can build up ? It will crush those pontoons like an aluminum beer can under a car tire, large wooden ships have gotten caught in Ice and turned into splinters, Ice breakers need re-inforced steel hulls, those pontoons are NO MATCH for mother nature, dry dock it, or get it on the trailer in the drive way.|||the ice will crush the hull|||It will be on the bottom come spring|||the ice will crush the pontoons. i guarantee it. dry dock it.|||i dont know about your pontoons but our dock made of 4 large cedar logs sure takes a s--t kickin every winter,i would not recommend it

No comments:

Post a Comment