Thursday, January 12, 2012

How can I easily remove the decals from the side of my pontoon boat?

The boat is older and half the decals are missing already. I want to remove all the remaining decals so that I can prime and repaint, but I'm having a hard time. I've tried a heat gun, Goo Off, Goo Gone, and I can only get tiny pieces off at a time.How can I easily remove the decals from the side of my pontoon boat?
I have used "Wood grain Remover" and it has worked relatively well. It is made by 3M products and is an aerosol spray and can be purchased from any automotive paint supplier or try the larger auto parts. It still has to be worked a little bit, so be patient and let it stay on long enough to work. If you have access to air or power tools 3M also makes a product that is called a "Bristle Disc" and works very well if you don't need to worry about paint removal (re-doing the boat). It will take off decals, but with the paint as well. They come in three different varieties soft,medium, and hard and 1" or 2" diameters. "Good Luck and Happy Boating"!
http://www.decaldriveway.com/a鈥?/a>

Report Abuse

How can I easily remove the decals from the side of my pontoon boat?
GOO Gone and a scraper will work. You can also sometimes freeze it then scrape. Freeze by using a can of air for blowing out computers, turn it upside down and spray. Also WD40 and Nail Polish Remover may work.
Heat doesn't seem to be working.

Also, you could try to freeze it. I know that the chemical you spray onto your computer to clean the key board can freeze things. Spray it on and just use a small razor blade to pop it off.How can I easily remove the decals from the side of my pontoon boat?
get a blow dryer (for hair) and heat up the decals as you peel them off. It works great just don't get them too hot as it will tear.
Ii know YOU WON'T believe THIS... butt...



WD-40...!!!



I don't CARE if you don't BERLIEVE it! All I want you to do is PROVE ME WRONG!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment