Sunday, January 8, 2012

I would like to mount two 15 hp motors on my pontoon boat?

I would like to mount two 15 hp motors on my pontoon boat. The space will bring the tips of the propellers 4 1/2 inches apart. Will it work?|||Somewhere I remember a recommended 30 inch separation between 2 outboards, measured center line to center line. So, I'm thinking that the props would cavitate. In my experience a single larger motor 30HP will almost always out preform two 15 HP engines. There are some boats where two outboards are desirable. Check with the manufacturer of your boat.|||I would believe you would have too much cavitation from the gear box and are the motors counter rotating or gears. The one thing it will give you is peace of mind having two engines ! Safer. Good luck|||to much trouble mount one bigger motor|||TOO close U need 20" for them the work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment