Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can I use davits to lift a pontoon boat?

I have davits behind my house i live on a salt water canal can I use the davits to lift my pontoon boat out of the waterCan I use davits to lift a pontoon boat?
It depends on the overall weight of the Pontoon boat and the "Capacity" of the Davit. Most Davits have a weight capacity of 1500 lbs. Since most Pontoons exceed this weight, it's not likely. You'll need to have a boat lift.Can I use davits to lift a pontoon boat?
I saw a guy lift his 22 ft pontoon boat with davits

But eventually the pontoon began to bend and eventually a crack formed near the back.

they said it was from the weight of the engine and the boat swinging from the davits.

He now has a system where he drives the boat onto 2 planks this supports the hull

and he lifts the boat up and sets it on a rack.Can I use davits to lift a pontoon boat?
No reason why not, as long as they are strong enough to lift the weight.
  • flyff
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment