Sunday, January 1, 2012

How big of a pontoon boat can my 04 nissan 4 cyl tow?

I want to buy a pontoon boat ,but dont know what size I can get with my small truck. I want to get at least a 20 foot. I heard that they are light , can my truck tow this?|||Sure, why not? I have a 18 foot kayot that I use as a rental pontoon and I would tow it all around with my old 4 cyl. Trooper.





I have to admit I am a little surprised by the first answer you got. Pontoons are relatively light, and your little truck should have more than a 2000 lb. towing capacity. Check your tow weight, and compare that to a new 'toon.|||I would not advise it !!! Is it a 4x4 ? You may cause damage to your engine and transmission. Check with a nissan dealer for towing compacity. I checked the towing capacity for a 2004 frontier 4x4 automatic trans. is 200lbs. tounge weight. 2000 lbs. trailer weight. For a manual trans, 300lbs tounge weight,3000lbs trailer weight.|||You could get what you like as long as its within reason. The bigger boats usually come with tandom axle trailers that distribute weight evenly, so you can easily tow the pontoon that you want. Happy boating.|||The question is; how big of a hurry are you in? I towed a car hauler trailer with a Ranger supercab on it for 100 miles with a Mazda B-2000 4 cylinder. I was in first gear on some hills and did it at 3 AM to avoid traffic.|||its the trailer that takes the weight,a car can tow a caravan,is your pontoon going to be as big

No comments:

Post a Comment